About the DoctorsDr. Amanda Conti grew up in Marietta, GA and attended college locally at Kennesaw State University. She received her dental degree from the Medical College of Georgia where she graduated first in her dental school class in 1996.
Her orthodontic training was completed at LSU School of Dentistry in 1998.
She is a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity for attaining the highest academic standing during dental school.
Her numerous dental awards include:
- AAOMS Award for Outstanding achievement in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Emile T. Fischer Award for scholastic achievement, outstanding character and ethics and promise for future advancement of the profession.
- AAP Award for outstanding achievement in Periodontics
- Goodman and Gilman Book Award presented to the graduating dentist with the highest academic achievement in Pharmacology
- Oral Rehabilitation Award for outstanding achievement in the Sophomore Restorative Clinic
- American College of Prosthodontists Award for high academic and clinical achievement in Prosthodontics
- Oral Pathology Award in recognition of outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated scientific potential in the field of Oral Pathology
- Organization of Teachers of Oral Diagnosis Certificate of Merit in recognition of excellence and promise in Oral Diagnosis
- OKU Kappa Lambda Chapter Certificate of Recognition for the senior with the highest score on National Boards Part 1
- OKU Kappa Lambda Chapter Certificate of Achievement in recognition of scholastic excellence during the first two years of study at the Medical College of Georgia
Dr. Conti is provisionally certified by the American Board of Orthodontists and maintains active membership in numerous local and national dental societies.
Locally, Dr. Conti lectures regularly to dentists about the benefits of self-ligating systems in orthodontics.
Legacy Orthodontics welcomes Dr. Andy Shehata as we transition to Legacy Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry. We are excited about the new services we are now able to offer to our patients! The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children have their first dental visit by the age of one. Our pediatric department strives to give kids positive and happy dental visits. Dr. Andrew Shehata was born and raised in Cincinnati, OH where he earned a degree in biology from Xavier University. He then went on to the University of Kentucky where he attended dental school. While in Kentucky, he volunteered his dental services to those in need within the community and at the Nathanial Mission. He then went on to New York University for his specialty degree in pediatric dentistry. Through New York University, he volunteered to treat the local community in New York and even abroad in the USVI. Dr. Shehata believes “the dental environment can be a frightening place for those old and young; however, I have found through the years of practice that it should not be that way. We have several tools that we can implement to achieve painless dentistry in a pleasant environment.